Sometime in the past December 2013, I spent some time pondering hte mental review of my year..Thoughts weave in and out, what resolution did I keep, how did I change and what just “stayed the same”. While taking that mental review of 2013, I noticed as I reviewed my healthy/non- healthy eating pattern. Viewing the pattern it became clear I had stuck to a very small choice of fresh fruits and veggies that were my ‘staples’. In 2014 have chosen to step out of my norm and explore the fast array of fruits and veggies that my grocery market has to offer.
The internet has oodles of wondrous recipes to choose from! Last week I bought some cauliflower, I have eaten cauliflower many times before, in many ways! I got adventurous and spent a few hours searching recipes, two recipes really grabbed my interest, one was a cauliflower pizza crust and the other a chicken cauliflower curry soup. They both turned out great!! Here is the cauliflower pizza crust recipe. I made a topping out of saute’ mushrooms, grilled onions, roasted red peppers and sun dried tomato’s with buffalo Mozzarella.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
Cauliflower Crust Pizza (Grain-Free, Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried or fresh oregano
- 1 tsp. dried or fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Chop cauliflower into chunks. In a blender or food processor, pulse the cauliflower until “riced” or very small pieces. If you don’t have a food processor, you can also use a cheese grater.
- Saute’ the cauliflower in a tiny bit of olive oil in a large skillet for 6–8 minutes or until translucent.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a medium bowl. Mix in all the other ingredients and stir well.
- Spread the mixture on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or a pizza stone if you have one. Form into a circle if you’re feeling traditional
- Bake at 400F for 25–30 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and add your toppings.
- Broil for 5 minutes.
- Cool 2–3 minutes, then cut and serve immediately. Enjoy
This weeks vegetable is Jicama!!!